Heck, it's the middle of summer and I can always use a vacation. So I
went to Atlanta for E3, which is
the Electronic Entertainment Expo, which is the largest videogame and
electronics convention of the year. Kick-butt is so far from the way
this went, I can't believe I'm even going to use the phrase "It was
How about this: I'll just give you a quick rundown of all the highlights:
- Going to Atlanta and meeting up with Jost and nessa, who
are dating each other these days and generally being the happiest
couple ever. They immediately took me to an Irish Pub and we sang
Irish songs all night, into the morning. An excellent way to start.
- I ran around E3 the next day in my cow suit, distrubing scads and
scads of people, staff, security, and passerby. It was great. I posed
for several relevant pictures: Here's
Sketch posing with Duke Nuke'Em,
Sketch posing with some poor lady who had to dress up like a
country bumpkin to promote a game called "Rogue Trip", and
my eternally beloved
Sketch at his rightful dominating position in the Mortal Kombat
Team. Note that she's pulling on my udder. yay
- By the way, I have a ton more pictures, but they're not developed
yet. They'll show up here, if they came out.
- Hanging out with Chuckles and Aerin, who made walking
around that much more fun. I also took a great picture of Chuckles
posing near his games on display at the show, surrounded by
Cheerleaders who look obviously disguested by him. Good picture.
- Walking into the Mattel Booth and hearing their PA immediately
shout out "ATTENTION. THERE IS A COW IN THE BARBIE BOOTH."
- Freaking the living garbage out of Diogenes, a
fallen-from-the-faith TIMster who I think hates my guts, even if
I think he's the cutest little guys. DEAL with the pain, Chuck!
- Having people I barely knew run up to me and call me by name.
The suit was well worth the effort.
- Almost getting trampled by Gillian Anderson. Don't ask.
- Hanging out until 2:00am with Jost in US Play in Marietta, GA,
where we played TONS of video games and took a
very special picture.
- Hanging out with Jost on Sunday, leisurely watching Who am I
starring Jackie Chan, solidifying my opinion that Jost is just
as cool as he was 6 years ago, and then rushing like a maniac to the
airport when I realized I had forgotten when my flight was.